We are pleased to announce that as of October 2022, Sibley Heart Center Cardiology is now named Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Cardiology. You can expect the same specialized, high-quality care for your child, now with a new name.Learn More
At the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Heart Center, our team of more than 50 pediatric cardiologists is committed to delivering the best possible experience to you and your patients. Each year, we treat patients ranging from those with complex congenital heart defects to those who require a simple sports physical clearance.
- On-call physicians 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Same-day appointments for high-priority patients.
- Timely consultation report.
- Seminars and conferences by industry leaders and Emory University School of Medicine-appointed physicians.
- A physician liaison team to help make sure we provide excellent service.
- The City Call Hospital Program, an inpatient consultation service for metro Atlanta hospitals.
Call 404-256-2593 or 800-542-2233 for immediate access to our physicians and services.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Cardiology referrals
- By phone: Call the Cardiac Contact Center at 404-256-2593 or 800-542-2233. To help make sure you receive prompt service, include the patient’s name and demographics, the responsible party’s name and phone number, the reason for visit or diagnosis code, the insurance name and policy ID, and the physician’s notes from the patient’s visit.
- By fax: Complete and fax forms to 404-252-7431. Provide the patient with a copy of the completed form to bring to the first appointment.
- Complete the Children's Cardiology online referral form.
- Download the Children's Cardiology referral form.
- Complete our online appointment form.
- Cardiac Risk Assessment (en Espanol)
- Use accessCHOA.
Pulmonary hypertension referrals (only)
- Download and fill out our referral form.
- Fax it to 404-785-1869.
We accept all major insurance plans. Once your patient’s appointment is scheduled, fax all relevant medical records before the first appointment. Insurance companies may require written approval before a patient can be treated. Many may refuse to pay if referral guidelines are not followed according to the member’s plan. To help make sure there is proper reimbursement for requested services:
- Make a predetermination of active coverage, including network stipulations.
- Generate a referral request from the patient’s insurance plan.
- Fax or email all validated referrals to 404-252-7431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Cardiology appointment cards
- Request appointment cards for your patients who are coming to Children's Cardiology.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Referral Pads
- Request order pads online for making referrals to Children's Cardiology.
- See a sample order pad.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Cardiology Cardiac Risk Assessment form
- View a sample of the Cardiac Risk Assessment form (en Español).
Our leaders in pediatric cardiology travel the state offering training and education.
Learn more about our Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Program.
Children’s pediatric cardiologists are available 24 hours a day for consultations and patient care through our City Call Program. Call 404-256-2593 or 800-542-2233 for referrals, consultations or immediate access to our physicians, who have privileges at more than 40 hospitals across Georgia.
- Glen Iannucci, MD, Director, Aorta and Vascular Program
- Shannon Jones, MD
- Usama Kanaan, MD, Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Alice Hales-Kharazmi, MD
- Andrea Kropf, MD
- Brooke Lewis, MD
- Heather Phelps Maloney, DO, Director, Preventive Cardiology Program
- Meghann McKane, MD
- Rachel McKay, MD
- Andrew Porter, MD
- Sanghee Ro, MD
- Denver Sallee, MD
- Cyrus Samai, MD
- John Stevens Jr., MD
- Divya Suthar, MD
- Neill Videlefsky, MD
- Michelle Wallace, MD
- Timotheus Watson, MD, Director, City Call Program
- James Nelson, MD