Infectious Diseases We Treat at Children’s
At Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, we provide consultations, treatment and follow-up care to children, teens and young adults who have a variety of conditions related to infectious diseases, including:
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
- Infections with resistant organisms
- Fevers of unknown origin
- Frequent, recurrent or unusual infections
- AIDS and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Serious or life-threatening infections
- Infections with unusual organisms
- Bone or joint infections
- Recurrent skin and soft tissue infections
- Infections in individuals with suppressed immune systems
- Congenital infections
If you have a patient with an HIV infection, the family may call the Grady Health Ponce De Leon Center at 404-616-6323 to schedule an appointment.
As the global pandemic continues, it is important to stay educated about how to keep your patients safe and prevent them from contracting or spreading COVID-19.
If your patient’s runny nose and cough turn into trouble breathing, the problem could be respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), a potentially life-threatening condition.
Our teams continue to evaluate children exhibiting inflammatory symptoms characterized as multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children or MIS-C.