6 Things You Need to Know Before Your Child’s Visit
When preparing for your child’s appointment at a Children’s Physician Group clinic, there are six things we recommend you familiarize yourself with ahead of time:
1. Will I receive a notification before my child’s appointment to remind me of the clinic visit?
A few days before your child’s visit, you will receive a phone call, text or email (based on your preference) reminding you of your child's appointment date, time, provider and location. When you receive this message, be sure to confirm that you are coming. Also, plan for traffic and parking so you arrive to check in at the time of your child’s appointment. If you are running late, call 404-785-KIDS (5437) and select Option 2. Note: We may have to reschedule your child’s appointment if you are late.
2. What do I need to bring to my child’s appointment?
- Completed forms: You may also complete forms through our secure website on your child’s MYchart account.
- Bring a photo ID of the child’s legal guardian.
- Insurance card: If you forget to bring proof of insurance, you may be asked to pay the entire cost of your child’s visit or reschedule it.
- Your child’s medicines, or a list of them with dosages, should be on hand.
- Other test or lab results (if needed) will be important.
- Questions for the doctor or nurse written out ahead of time are helpful.
3. How will insurance be handled for the visit?
It is important to let us know of any changes with your insurance. We will need your most up-to-date information to get approval for medications or procedures. It is your responsibility to know what is covered by your insurance policy. We will try to get all necessary approvals from your insurance company before your child's procedure.
Contact your insurance company to see if you will have a copayment for your child’s visit. If you do, you can pay by cash, check or credit card. Call 404-785-KIDS (5437) and select Option 3 before your child’s appointment if you need help paying for the visit.
4. What is MYchart?
Children’s provides MYchart, an online tool that allows you to access some of your child’s medical records, complete medical forms and securely communicate with your child’s healthcare team. Sign up for MYchart today.
5. How will I get my child’s lab results?
MYchart is your direct access to lab results. Your child’s lab results will be available in MYchart in three business days. Note: Some tests may take longer. Unless your child’s doctor advises otherwise, we typically do not call with routine or normal results.
If you need specific information on lab results, message your child’s doctor in MYchart or call 404-785-KIDS (5437) and select Option 1 to leave a message with your child’s nurse to call you back.
6. Is there a mobile app to help guide me through my child’s visit?
Children’s has a free app that helps guide you through your experience at a Children’s location. Text the word KIDS to 770-766-7111 to receive a link to the Children’s mobile app directly on your phone. You can also visit the App Store or Google Play to download the free app for your smartphone or tablet.
MYchart is a secure online tool that allows you to view test results, securely message your child’s healthcare team and schedule appointments.
Canceling Your Child's Appointment
Keeping appointments is important for your child’s treatment. However, we understand that other obligations may arise that force you to miss an appointment. If you are unable to keep your child’s appointment, cancel it as soon as possible by using one of three easy methods:
- Call 404-785-KIDS (5437) and select Option 2.
- Respond to our text, email or phone call reminder.
- Visit your child’s MYchart account.
Your child’s health is our No. 1 priority. When you don’t cancel appointments, you prevent other children from being seen and receiving important care and treatment.