At Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Scottish Rite Hospital, we want your visit to go smoothly from the moment you arrive until you leave.
If you have questions or need help with any nonmedical issues, you can reach a hospital liaison or concierge by calling 404-785-2525. Concierges are available Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Hospital Happenings newsletter, delivered every Monday, lists activities for patients and their families. You also can get it at Volunteer Services on the first floor or by calling 404-785-2150. View the newsletter on TV on Channel 6.
A Wells Fargo ATM is on the ground floor near the cafeteria.
Our chapel is located on the first floor and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Nondenominational services are held on Sundays at 11 a.m., Wednesdays at 1 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and on special occasions. See Hospital Happenings for service dates and times. Services also are broadcast on Channel 7.
Our gardens offer a great place for parents and patients looking for peace, quiet and a breath of fresh air. Take a stroll on our lovely walking paths, and look for special activities during nice weather. Remember, smoking is not permitted in the gardens or on Children’s grounds. Before taking a patient outside, check with your nurse. Scottish Rite has several gardens to choose from:
- Frog Pond is on the first floor.
- Kristen’s Garden is on the first floor.
- Koi Pond Garden is on the sub-basement level.
- Lou Glenn Garden is on the first floor near the main elevators.
- Hope and Will’s Rec Room is on the sub-basement level near the cafeteria.
Kohl’s Activity Center
A gift from Kohl’s Department Stores, the Kohl’s Activity Center is open daily on the third floor at Scottish Rite Hospital and presents a bright, colorful arcade and amusement park experience to patients, parents and siblings.
There’s a special infant area designed for safe play and a teen space equipped with CD listening stations, arcade and video games, toys, computers, a kitchen area, an aquarium and a large-screen TV.
In addition, an immunosuppressed room in the center allows patients with suppressed immune systems to access an activity center with the same HEPA-filtered air technology used in their patient rooms. The room has its own infant and toddler play area, CD listening area, video games, craft table, bookshelves and large-screen TV.
Patients and families are invited to use the free services and materials at the Max Brown Family Resource Library located on the first floor.
There are books in English and Spanish, including health, educational and reference materials; children’s books; and videos and DVDs. You’ll also find toys and puzzles. Computers are available for parents to use, with internet access.
The librarian is an excellent resource for medical information if you need more detail or have questions about your child’s diagnosis.
You can reach the library at 404-785-2192. Library hours are posted on the front door.
The playground is located on the first floor. Remember to check with your child’s nurse before going to the playground. Also, children must be supervised by an adult at all times while on the playground.
Ronald McDonald Family Room
The Ronald McDonald Family Room serves parents and primary caregivers who have children receiving care in the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children’s. This quiet refuge is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Services and amenities in the Ronald McDonald Family Room include:
- A kitchen area with refrigerators, sink and convection microwave oven
- Complimentary coffee, beverages, pastries and snacks
- Meals provided by volunteer groups
- Comfortable, relaxed seating for individuals to rest
- Wi-Fi access for personal devices
The Zone is where our patients come to put their cares behind them and have fun, including parties and other special events. We provide patients and their families with a distraction from the medical realities and give them something to look forward to while in the hospital. Initially gifted to the hospital by Garth Brooks’ foundation, Teammates for Kids, The Zone is now 100% donor funded and is reliant on the donations and contributions from our community.
The Zone, open seven days a week, is located on the basement level of Scottish Rite Hospital, directly underneath the cafeteria. There are planned activities found in the Hospital Happenings newsletter or on the marquee outside The Zone. All are welcome for planned activities or free time.
Activities and offerings in The Zone include:
- A movie theater
- An Xbox and Wii room
- Arts and crafts
- A kitchen for cooking
- College and professional athlete visits
- Parents Night Out
- A koi pond
- A basketball court
- A Putt-Putt golf area
The Zone is also equipped with a Child Life Program that provides patients and their siblings with individual and group therapeutic activities. These activities help build positive coping techniques and promote optimal development during hospitalization.
- Patient mail is received at the main information desk in the lobby on the first floor and delivered daily to patient rooms.
- The mailing address for Scottish Rite Hospital is 1001 Johnson Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30342.
- Mail received after a patient has been discharged will be forwarded to the patient’s home.
- Health Law Partnership (HeLP) is a collaboration between the Georgia State University College of Law, Children’s and the Atlanta Legal Aid Society. HeLP’s goal is to improve the health and well-being of low-income children and their families through the combined effort of medical and legal experts.
- HeLP lawyers and staff offer free legal services to families with children receiving care through Children’s who are living rel="noopener noreferrer" at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. HeLP provides legal assistance with civil legal problems, such as housing, domestic violence, child support, guardianship, education and public benefits.
- To contact HeLP, ask your child’s doctor, nurse or social worker for assistance, or call 404-785-2005.
- The HeLP office is located across from the hospital at 975 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 550, Atlanta, GA 30342.
Amenities and services on the North Druid Hills Campus
Our future state-of-the-art campus at North Druid Hills is designed to improve outcomes, help our clinicians deliver advanced care and bring lifesaving medical research directly to patients.LOOKING FORWARD
School is a big part of every child’s life. The School Program at Children’s supports your child’s educational needs by continuing the learning experience in the hospital.LEARN MORE
- Cafeteria (located on ground floor)
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Late night: 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Coffee Shop
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday through Sunday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Room service
- Dial 404-785-5324
- Available from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- A 25% cafeteria discount is available to all parents of patients who are admitted to Children’s. A parent or guardian ID badge is needed to receive the discount. This discount does not apply to food from an outside vendor.
- Special diets
- If the doctor orders a special diet (diabetic, low-sodium) for your child, you will receive a diet-specific menu. The order will be approved by a nutritionist before delivery.
- Guest trays
- Guest trays are available from room service. Your nurse or a guest services liaison can deliver guest tray menus. Guest trays are delivered with the patient’s tray, unless a different time is requested or the patient is not receiving meals. For pricing and any other questions, call room service at 404-785-5324.
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Mothers who are breastfeeding as the only means of patient nutrition may receive free meal trays for breakfast, lunch and dinner from room service or may receive a discount in the cafeteria. A nurse will alert room service and contact the mother with instructions.
Soda and snack machines
- Soda and snack machines are located on the ground and first through fourth floors near the main elevators and family amenities areas.
Bathrooms and showers
Each patient room, except in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), medical observation and surgical observation units, has its own bathroom, which parents can use. Parents of children in the ICU may use bathrooms and showers on the second floor next to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). There are also showers available in the surgical and medical observation units. If you need assistance with shower locations and towels, ask a staff member.
Lactation and feeding rooms
Lactation and feeding rooms are available for nursing moms:
- Outside NICU on the second floor (for the general public)
- In the NICU (for NICU families only)
- In the Emergency Department (for emergency families only)
- Off the main lobby behind the ladies restroom
Breast pumps are available for any admitted patient family. Our lactation consultant provides support onsite Monday through Friday. For more information, ask your nurse.
- Open 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. every day.
- Laundry facilities are located on the first floor in the family amenities department.
- You can purchase laundry detergent in the Gift Shop.
- Vending machines are available in this location.
- Don’t leave clothes unattended. Children’s is not responsible for missing or damaged clothes.
Parent business center
A business center (for anyone 18 years and older) is located on the first floor. You’ll find computers with internet access, a printer and a fax machine. To prevent viruses, computers do not have CD-ROM access.
Hours of operation:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
For immediate family members of our patients, Children’s has a limited number of sleep rooms available in the family amenities area on the first floor. There are no costs to use the rooms.
The rooms are available for one night at a time. To sign up, speak to one of our family and visitor service ambassadors at the front lobby information desk or by dialing 404-785-4582.
Sign up by 5 p.m. each day. Children’s Concierge will conduct a drawing to assign rooms at 5 p.m. at the front lobby information desk. You’ll be given information about checking in and checking out if you are assigned a room.
Many families need to use these rooms, and we try to take each family’s situation into consideration. If you are not assigned a room for the evening, our staff will help you find other sleep areas within the hospital or give you information about hotels in the area.
- Check-in: 9 p.m.
- Checkout: 9 a.m.
There is a safe in each patient room. The safe should be open when you arrive in the room. There are instructions on the safe for setting a new code and locking and opening the safe. If the safe is not open, if you forget the code or if the safe’s screen is not lighting up, call security at 404-785-2073 for help.
The security office is on the first floor and can be reached at 404-785-2073. Officers patrol the hospital and the hospital grounds. Security also offers:
- Escorts to cars
- Motorist aid
- Lost and found help
To support a healing environment, smoking and use of all tobacco products is not permitted at Children’s. This pertains to all indoor and outdoor areas of our campuses.