Why Is Pediatric Physician Wellness Important?
Just as you first diagnose a patient and then recommend treatment, it’s helpful to first recognize areas of improvement before you start making changes in your life in order to develop your mental, emotional and social wellness. You might feel like there’s not a moment in the day to spare, but taking time to remember your purpose, practice mindfulness and connect with those around you can help you manage stress and combat physician burnout. Taking care of your mental, emotional and social well-being is a priority at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, allowing you to provide the best care possible to all of our patients.
Our Physicians Share Their Inspirational Health Journeys
The Science Behind Multitasking
Joe Williams, MD, Pediatric Plastic Surgeon, shares research he’s conducted on multitasking—a central topic to the lives of medical professionals.
Understanding yourself—and your brain—can help you improve your focus and overall mental health.
- Art Therapy: Considering Residents’ Wellness
- Going-Home Checklist Helps Children’s PICU Teams Leave Stress Behind
- Mindfulness, Gratitude Exercise Creates Positive Mindset, Eases Stress for Children’s Physician
- Mindfulness: One Physician’s Secret to Work-Life Success
- Multitasking: A Survival Tool for Wellness or Road to Destruction?
- Our Mighty Brain: Tricks for Avoiding Thanatos
- Restoration Is the Best Medicine for an Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center Physician: The Value of Recovery Breaks
Maintaining and developing your emotional health can help you manage stress and adapt to changes and challenges.
- Banjo-Playing Physician Avoids Burnout by Making Music
- Doctors Who Double as Yogis Share Benefits of Practicing Yoga
- Eight Tips for Staying Healthy Over the Holidays
- Explore Tools to Assess and Manage Stress
- Luck, Gratitude and Perception: Hear from Lucky Jain, MD, Chief Academic Officer
- Mindfulness, Creativity Help Physician Moms Achieve Balance
- Physician Dads: “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” Approach Helps Achieve Balance
- Saluting Our Physician Moms on Mother’s Day
- Sounds of Silence Create Mindfulness
- The Power of Happiness
Prioritize your life outside of work and strengthen your support system by spending time with your loved ones.