Whether your child needs continued care while recovering from an injury, illness or congenital condition, or his pediatrician has identified a condition that is keeping him from reaching developmental milestones, the Outpatient Rehabilitation Program team at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is specially trained to assess your child’s abilities and create a unique treatment plan.
Why choose Children’s
Our rehabilitation team is experienced and equipped to meet the needs of growing and developing patients with a wide array of conditions, including:
- Balance and coordination deficits
- Development delays
- Equipment and seating needs
- Gait disorders
- Hearing loss
- Movement disorders
- Musculoskeletal, neuromuscular conditions and orthopedic conditions
- Torticollis and plagiocephaly
- Voice and reading disorders
Our program’s therapists and clinicians also help make sure patients receive quality care in several ways:
- The staff—including audiologists, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and other professionals—helps patients regain and improve their independence by creating individualized therapy plans.
- We involve each patient’s family in therapy so rehabilitation can continue at home, allowing patients to relearn skills and recover more quickly.
- Therapists from different locations across Children’s share progress and information to be sure the best possible care is given to all patients.
- We offer several pediatric specialty programs and services that help patients build function and independence, including:
- Voice disorders therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Hand and upper extremity therapy
Children’s uses Episodes of Care, a specialized approach to developing individualized treatment plans for patients. This helps therapists identify the goals and level of intensity appropriate for a patient’s rehabilitation care. Episodes of Care consists of four treatments paths:
- Intensive therapy: frequent visits for a limited amount of time (three or more a week)
- Weekly therapy: regular visits for a limited amount of time (one or two a week)
- Periodic therapy: one or two visits each month
- Consultative therapy: visits scheduled when needed
With a team of specialists dedicated to working with and treating children—birth to age 21—we are experts at providing comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation care. Our specialized programs and therapies include:
Children's Outpatient Rehabilitation is a department of Children's at Scottish Rite Hospital.
Children’s at North Druid Hills
1605 Chantilly Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Medical Office Building at Scottish Rite Hospital
5461 Meridian Mark Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
Children’s at Town Center Outpatient Care Center
605 Big Shanty Road NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Scottish Rite Hospital
1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342