The center, located at Scottish Rite Hospital, offers therapy for children and teens with motor-skills impairment due to a wide range of injuries or illnesses. Our therapies and services are designed to restore and improve body movement and function.
We provide advanced care to help children with a variety of conditions that include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Ataxia or movement disorders
- Spina bifida
- Multiple sclerosis
- Other factors will be considered with input from a doctor
Referrals are required from a specialist. Please call 404-785-4908 for more information.
We use a wide range of advanced technologies as part of the overall treatment strategy for our patients. The center provides a full continuum of care to children and teens in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Help children perform more repetitions and practice skills they may not be able to perform otherwise.
- Promote communication between the brain and muscles.
- Therapists can use computers and sensor controls to direct and pace your child’s movements. The technology also promotes motor learning by tracking your child’s response and providing biofeedback. Biofeedback is a process that electronically monitors what is normally an automatic movement, which trains a patient to gain voluntary control of that movement.
- Our therapists also incorporate games to keep children entertained and motivated, which can help them achieve the best recovery outcomes possible.
In addition to providing comprehensive Rehabilitation services, Children’s is often among the first hospitals to try emerging technologies to offer our patients advanced care. For instance, we’re the first pediatric hospital in the nation to offer the Ekso Robotic Exoskeleton, an exoskeletal-assisted walking device that uses electronic motors and sensors to help children stand and walk more easily.
The team at our center, located in our Scottish Rite Hospital, will be able to work with children in both inpatient and outpatient settings. This allows children to work through a continuum of care.
Scottish Rite Hospital
1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
Referrals are required by a specialist.