Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been the place Georgia families rely on for specialized pediatric care for more than 100 years. As our community grows, so does the demand for the comprehensive services we provide. This is why we are embarking on our most significant endeavor yet to broaden our reach and uphold our commitment to care for kids today and for generations to come.
Where healing meets high tech
The new Arthur M. Blank Hospital is slated to open in fall 2024 at the site of our expanded North Druid Hills campus. Made possible through a generous $200 million donation from the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation, this 19-story, 2 million-square-foot facility is more than just a building. It is a giant leap forward in our ongoing effort to deliver cutting-edge care, improve outcomes and innovate to meet the healthcare challenges of tomorrow.
Here are just a few of the highlights of this thoughtfully designed facility:
- 446 patient beds, 116 more than Egleston Hospital, helping us treat more kids and be well-positioned as our community grows and our approaches to treatment change over time
- Larger, private rooms so parents can comfortably stay with their children during their most challenging times
- Convenient amenities for families, including washers and dryers, family lounges and kitchenettes on every floor, with child life activity rooms throughout
- More than 20 acres of greenspace, providing patients easy access to the healing powers of nature and serene views from their hospital rooms
- More than double the conference and simulation space than at Egleston for training fellows and helping keep clinicians current with best practices
- A Special Care Unit (SCU) within the new Emergency Department for the treatment of patients with potentially highly infectious diseases
- On track to earn the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification
Honorary Construction Managers
At Children’s, we know how important it is to have someone you trust overseeing construction projects. That’s why we, along with Arthur Blank, chose three special patients to serve as Honorary Construction Managers to supervise as work progresses on the new Arthur M. Blank Hospital. The three Honorary Construction Managers are Ariella-Faith, Lex and Jojo, who all received lifesaving care at Children’s and embody the Hope and Will that we admire in so many of the strong and resilient patients at Children’s.
Join Ariella-Faith, Lex and Jojo as they share regular construction updates and behind-the-scene previews of the new hospital.
I-85 and North Druid Hills Road Construction
The Georgia Department of Transportation is making improvements at the intersection of I-85 and North Druid Hills Road and is replacing the bridge over Peachtree Creek. Families may encounter delays and detours on driving routes to our locations near this area. Plan to leave earlier and utilize navigation apps.learn more
As we grow into the future, now is a pivotal moment to join our incredible team. No matter the role, every member of our team is an essential part of our mission to make kids better today and healthier tomorrow. We're seeking dedicated clinical and nonclinical professionals with a wide range of experience. Find your next career opportunity and make a difference doing what you love at Children’s.
- Focusing on Comfort: Arthur M. Blank Hospital Reveals New Patient Rooms 11 Alive ׀ Oct. 2, 2023
- Georgia's Most Iconic Mascots Join Forces for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta ׀ Atlanta Business Chronicle ׀ Oct. 2, 2023
- Donna Hyland: A Champion for Children's Health ׀ Georgia Business Magazine ׀ Sept. 11, 2023
- Create Smiles Whenever Possible: Arthur M. Blank Hospital is Innovating Healthcare for Children ׀ Hypepotamus ׀ Aug. 31, 2023
- Young Patients Serve as Face for New Hospital Project ׀ Health Facilities Managment Magazine ׀ June 26, 2023
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta to create 1,000 jobs with Brookhaven expansion ׀ Atlanta Business Chronicle ׀ Feb. 21, 2023
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta topping out ceremony marks milestone for Arthur M. Blank Hospital ׀ Medical Construction & Design ׀ July 27, 2022
- Construction work begins on the new Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta hospital ׀ Construction Review Online ׀ Nov. 9, 2020
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta names new hospital after Arthur Blank following $200M ׀ Atlanta Journal Constitution ׀ Oct. 12, 2020